Wednesday 14 December 2011

Movie Review: The Adventures of Tin Tin – Tip top 3D action that perhaps falls a little flat in the end.

Director Steven Spielberg and producer Peter Jackson have both teamed up on this one to produce a visual melting pot.  The team producing all these wonderful effects is Weta Digital who were responsible for the Lord of The Rings trilogy & Avatar.

For those who don’t know Tin Tin was a series of classic comic books created by Belgian artist Georges Remi . Our story here revolves around Tin Tin (voiced by Jaime Bell) an overly inquisitive young reporter and Captain Haddock (Andy Serkis) in their search for the hidden treasure of Haddocks ancestor, and in hot pursuit the evil villain Red Rackham (Daniel Craig). I could waffle on a little more about more story / plot detail but really doesn’t matter, or certainly didn’t matter all that much to me!

The film is action set piece after action set piece, barely taking a moment to breathe before it heads into the next rip roaring sequence. I also saw this in 3D, which was okay I guess. I really don’t think (perhaps apart from Avatar) anyone has really explored 3D as yet.

I also felt like they’d tried to cram too much in here though, there literally doesn’t feel like there’s a break and with three Tin Tin stories all woven into one film here, it’s not difficult to see why. Don’t get me wrong, the action is fantastic and well worth a look. Andy Serkis as the whiskey glugging Captain Haddock keeps you chuckling along for most of the way and Daniel Craig does a nice creepy vocal job as the baddy Rackham.

I certainly think the younger crowd will lap this one up. It’s good fun and will do well I’m sure, but for me it was all a bit of a spectacle in the end and with it crying out for a sequel at its closure I have no doubt that Tin Tin will be gracing our screens once again!

6 Northern Thumbs out of 10.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3j8gKRUTg


No comments:

Post a Comment